February 28, 2016
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The 88th Academy Awards, the highest honours in the movie industry, were handed out a ceremony in Hollywood on Sunday hosted by comedian Chris Rock.
Following is a list of winners in key categories for the awards, also known as the Oscars.
Alejandro Iñárritu, “The Revenant”
Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Revenant”
Brie Larson, “Room”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Mark Rylance, “Bridge of Spies”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Alicia Vikander, “The Danish Girl”
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
“The Big Short”
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
“Son of Saul” Hungary
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
“The Hateful Eight” Ennio Morricone
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Writing’s On The Wall” from “Spectre”
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Mary Milliken and Sandra Maler)
F&O’s 2016 Oscars package, Focus on Hollywood, includes:
- ‘Spotlight’ wins top Oscar amid race-related critiques
JILL SERJEANT Arts Report
- ‘Spotlight’ Gets Investigative Journalism Right,
STEPHEN ENGELBERG Review
- Bridge of Spies’: True Story Even Stranger Than Fiction
TIM WEINER Report
- Disneyfied Star Wars an iconic kids’ flick.
PENNEY KOME Review
- Spectre: James Bond in an age of cybersecurity.
JOSEPH OLDHAM Arts report
- Sicario: a movie that haunts
SEBASTIAN ROSELLA Arts Report
- What Frankenstein and Krampus tell us.
NATALIE LAWRENCE Column
- The Martian — and Robinson Crusoe
- Deepa Mehta: pushing boundaries with Beeba Boys
PENNEY KOME : OVER EASY Column
Facts and Opinions is a boutique journal of reporting and analysis in words and images, without borders. Independent, non-partisan and employee-owned, F&O is funded by our readers. It is ad-free and spam-free, and does not solicit donations from partisan organizations. To continue we require a minimum payment of .27 for one story, or a sustaining donation. Details here; donate below. Thanks for your interest and support.